The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic has affected each and everyone of us on a
global scale like nothing most of us have seen in our lifetimes before. We are learning to
live and adapt to a “new normal” and that will include some changes for all of us at
Western House Consulting Rooms. The safety and well-being of our clients, staff, our
families and the wider general public is our utmost priority during this time.
We have been following both the government and our professional body (The Chartered
Society of Physiotherapy ) guidance closely and taking their advice regarding when is a
safe time to return to practice and the measures that we need to put into place to achieve
We have missed being able to offer you the support and care that we know you value, and we
are very pleased to be able to re-open our doors and are looking forward to welcoming you into
the clinic again. However, Western House Consulting Rooms will have some changes and
additional measures in place.
Being a healthcare environment and in our profession often requires the need for very close
contact at times. As a result of this there are obviously lot’s of things we have to address and
Our priority is to keep you as safe as possible, and in order to re-open the clinic for face to face
services, we have implemented a number of changes which we would like to make you aware
These measures have been put in place following an extensive risk assessment and will be
revised and amended as necessary. To help ensure we can run and maintain a safe
environment for all, it is essential that you carefully read the steps we have taken and
agree to comply with the measures we ask visitors to our clinic to take.
The steps we’ve taken to create a COVID Secure Clinic
Online Virtual Assessment
- Prior to booking any face to face consultations, we have to conduct an online or
telephone assessment to identify which route of care is most appropriate for you.
- Following the latest guidance, and when appropriate, we will continue to offer virtual or
telephone appointments as an alternative to face to face.
- Should it be agreed face to face care is the preferred route, we will ensure that you
- The potential nature of close patient contact during our services
- The level of PPE that a clinician will be required to wear
- The infection prevention and control measures that must be taken
- You will be read a ‘Risks statement’ which we will ask you to confirm your acceptance of.
- Given the guidance on shielding, those classified as ‘clinically extremely vulnerable’ will
be discouraged from face to face appointments during the period of shielding.
- As part of the assessment, we will ask you a series of screening questions in relation to
COVID-19. Further information regarding Coronavirus and it’s symptoms can be found
on the government website.
- We may ask to take your temperature on entry to the clinic as part of our screening.
- We would encourage you to receive all correspondence via email (if you give your
permission to under the GDPR regulations), so please ensure we have your correct email
address and monitor your spam folder.
- You will find physical reminders of social distancing throughout the clinic.
- Bed covers from the treatment rooms have been removed.
- We will be minimising the use of equipment wherever possible.
- The water dispensers and coffee machine will be out of use.
- Based on the size and layout of the clinic premises, we will be limiting the number of
Clinicians working at any one time to facilitate social distancing.
- Appointments will be staggered to facilitate social distancing.
- We would request that if at all possible, you do not bring anyone with you to your
appointment. If it is your preference to bring someone with you, they will have to
accompany you into the clinic room (they will not be able to wait in the waiting area) and
will also be asked COVID-19 screening questions and to record their contact details
should we require them in the future as part of track and trace.
- Children under 16 will need to be accompanied by a parent/guardian (in line with our
Child Protection Policy), who will also need to answer COVID-19 screening questions.
- Please do not arrive early for your appointment to minimise the risk of contact with other
patients. We ask that if you come by car, please wait in your car in the car park until your
practitioner comes to collect you.
- Please follow any instructions issued by our reception staff/clinicians to ensure safe
entrance into the clinic.
- Whilst in the clinic, please observe social distancing, by keeping at least 2m from anyone
(unless receiving clinical treatment).
- On exiting the clinic you may be signposted to a different door.
- If you or anyone else in your household is unwell prior to or on the day of your
appointment please do not attend and contact us to rebook.
Booking and payments
- Following your appointment if you need to re-book you can do so at the reception desk
when the area is clear.
- If possible please make payment via card using the contactless system (the limit of which
has now temporarily increased to £45).
- If paying with cash the exact amount would be appreciated.
- We have put in place enhanced cleaning measures for all communal and clinical areas.
The clinic rooms will be cleaned thoroughly in between every patient, and additional time
has been scheduled to allow for this.
- All communal and high contact areas will be cleaned frequently.
- Windows will be open to allow adequate ventilation.
- We will ask all patients visiting the clinic to wear their own face covering. If possible,
please wear your own face covering to the clinic. If you don’t have one, we will provide
you with one.
- Our Clinicians will be wearing appropriate PPE in line with the latest guidance. This
includes face mask, apron, gloves and visor (if necessary).
- Please do not wear your own gloves into the clinic, as this poses a potential risk.
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands on entering the treatment room.
- Please refrain from touching anything whilst you are in the clinic.
- Our team understand the importance of hand hygiene and will ensure that they wash
their hands in according with COVID Secure guidelines before and after any ‘hands on’
- We will be offering selected, essential services initially and will review what we offer on
an ongoing basis subject to Government recommendations.
We aim to make any interactions as safe, comfortable and valuable as possible. If you have any
concerns about the services please let us know and we will do what we can to satisfy you. If you
have any preferences regarding social distancing and ‘hands on’ treatments please advise your
Clinician so that these can be respected.
Thank you for your understanding
Western House Consulting Rooms Ltd
Telephone (01226) 730249